Finding things to do whilst stuck at home, by making my own cleaning products, such as this organic glass cleaner.
Who would have though vinegar could come in handy for uses other than that of cooking. Not that’s it’s anything new. Vinegar has been used as a safe household floor cleaner for a while now. So it’s makes sense it can be used for other household cleaning products, like a glass cleaner as well.
All it takes is the perfect mix of vinegar and essential oils to achieve sparkling clean windows, that shine like the sun.
It’s oh so natural, toxic-free, natural and can easily be made with ingredients found in your own home.
Really you can use any type of essential oil, like lavender or rosemary. However, citrus scents are always a great choice also, as they provide a nice fresh, clean scent for the house.
This recipe also includes organic vodka as it works to help with the evaporation process, however, it’s not really needed. The vinegar will dry easily enough on it’s own without ant help.
This recipe will make approximately 2 cups worth of solution.
I also recommend you don’t overtake this recipe, as it’s best to make it fresh when you’re ready to clean your windows.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of organic vodka
- 1/4 cup of cleaning vinegar
- 20 drops lemon essential oil – you can also use either orange of lime
- 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle using a funnel if needed.
- Attach the lid and shake well.
- Store in a cool dark place if you do happen to have leftover after cleaning.
- To use the spray, shake well before use, then spray all over the window surface and polish with a microfibre cloth, or recycled paper towel.
Viola – all finished.