It’s amazing what ingredients you’ll find in your house, which can become natural-based cleaning products for your home, like this incredible surface spray.
It will give all mainstream household cleaning products a real run for their money, proving that you don’t need to use harsh chemical ingredients to clean your house. Especially when it comes to the humble surface spray.
This is an easy recipe, which can be made and kept in the cupboard for a while between house cleaning. I like to keep it in under the kitchen sink and use it after cooking to wipe down the benches.
It will also help disinfect surfaces as well, so great for using in the laundry, the bathroom, the kitchen and even some wooden surfaces. Do be mindful of varnished items though, as the essential oils may cause some issues. Glossy stained wood surfaces however, this surface spray is completely safe to use.
You can also swap some of the essential oils for your favourite ones if you prefer a break from all the citrus scents. Rosemary and lavender make great alternatives, and so does peppermint – perfecto.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 cup of cleaning vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and strained
- 20 drops of lemon essential oils (can be replaced with another if you choose)
- 10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil (can be replaced with another if you choose)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle, using a funnel if needed.
- Attach the lid and give it a good shake.
- Store in a cool, dark place – can hold for a few months or more, but then I would replace with a fresh one.
- To use, spray over the surface too be cleansed and wipe it with a clean cloth.