6 Skincare Products I’m Using for Healthy Skin
Suitable for all skin types, from oily to acne prone, dry to normal, check out my current top skincare products for healthy skin.
I am a skincare fiend. I favour skincare products over makeup products any day. And although I have an arsenal in both category, I always gravitate to the skincare isle when shopping (wherever that may be). And I definitely spend more time on my skincare routine, then I do with my makeup routine.
In the AM and the PM, I spend at least 5 to 10 minutes on my skin, depending on what stage it’s in. However, for some, that 5 minutes might all seem too much. for me, no amount of time is wasted on a good skincare routine.
For me, no amount of time is wasted on a good skincare routine.
So, whether that be the 5 minutes, or the 10, or if masking then perhaps a little longer, I’m happy to spend the extra time needed to work on my skincare routine for healthy skin. That doesn’t mean my skin is without flaws. I still get breakouts when it’s that time of the month, or when the weather changes.
And I definitely still have days when my skin is either too oily, or not oily enough. But when using the right products, despite any of those issues, I know my skin is as healthy as it can be, nourished and nurtured.
My skincare arsenal normally consists of a good cleanser, a face toner (preferably a mist), a serum, a mask (of course – these are my obsess items) and a treatment night serum to help me combat blemishes, inflammation and congested skin – which is common with oil to combination skin types like mine.
Though the brands of what product may change from time to time, and of course I always throw in a retinol serum, or a face oil on dry skin days, things like face toners, good cleansers and masks are something I absolutely live by and can’t live without.
These are the 6 skincare products that have been my skincare saviours as the weather switches from cold and dry to hot and humid for summer.
- Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask – Autumn and Halloween are both my favourite seasons (if Halloween can be called a season), so it makes sense I would love a pumpkin inspired mask. This one not only cleanses pores from congestion, it treats blemishes and makes skin glow.
- Edible Beauty No.2 Citrus Rhapsody Toner Mist – I feel toner is a product totally underestimated and forgotten in most skincare routines. I can’t live without it. It helps prepare my skin for the day specifically, and I love how it keep skin well hydrated as well, especially at night whilst I sleep.
- QED Skincare Clarity Shake to Activate Cleanser – Peppermint, who would have thought this would be the answer to my skincare issues, like inflammation and blemishes. I mean, I drink peppermint tea to settle inflammation inside my body, so yes, why wouldn’t I apply it to my skin as well.
- Peter Thomas Roth Skin to Die For Mineral-Matt CC Cream – Okay, so this is obviously not a skincare product per-say. but it does include some skincare ingredients unlike no other foundation, like vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid, both of which keep skin hydrated and also help treat skin issues whilst your wearing it too, which I’m loving right now.
- PeppyCo C3 Serum – In case you hadn’t noticed already from the previously mentioned products, I kind of have an obsession with all things vitamins C. Oh yes, yes I do. I have found it to be an elixir for all things skin issue, like flat and dull tone, blemishes and even hydration. The vitamin C helps to treat all those issues.
- ESK Smooth Serum – This specialised night serum is an exfoliating serum which works at night to help cleanse the pores whilst you sleep. It also works as an agent to produce high cell turn over at night whilst you sleep, which is the repairing of cells which were damaged during the day due to environmental impacts.