6 of Sydney’s Best Acai Bowls – According to Me
Acai Bowls are the best in summer. For breakfast, brunch or lunch, there’s no better way to cool down than with an ice cold Acai.
I first fell in love with Acai Bowls when I went to Hawaii in 2014. Up until then, they weren’t really a thing here in Sydney at the time, as they hadn’t quite hit our shores.
Now, nearly every cafe in Sydney is serving up their own version of an Acai Bowl and since then I have probably tried nearly every single one available – well almost.
Here are my top six picks for the best Acai Bowl in Sydney – these cafes are nit limited to just the CBD area either, they include the north, inner west and more.
- Buddha Bowl Cafe in Newtown (at Flourmill Studios)
- Heart & Soul in Cronulla
- Avocado Fruit Lounge in Brighton-Le-Sands
- Bare Naked Bowls in Manly
- Bills in Surry Hills
- The Shop in Hammondville
Of course, these cafes are not limited to just Acai Bowls. They also boast a wide range of delicious wholefoods and clean eating menus.
And, if you just don’t have time to get out and try one of these amazing Acai Bowls, here is an easy DIY recipe for home (pic below), which is super easy to make and you will be totally obsessed after making your first one.
Please excuse the chipped nail polish in this photo.
- Acai Powder (because fresh berries are hard to come by here in Aussie land)
- Frozen Blueberries
- Frozen Mango
- Coconut Shavings (or flakes)
- Fresh Blueberries
- Raw Cacao Nibs
- Coconut Water
- Ice Cubes
- Granola (I use a delicious gluten free one)
- In a blender, place half a cup of frozen blueberries, half a cup of frozen mango, a tablespoon of Acai powder, some ice cubes (how ever many you want) and then top up the rest with coconut water.
- Blend until nice and smooth, depending on how much coconut water you used, the texture could be runny or thick. I like mine in between.
- Grab a bowl and fill it a quatre of the way with granola.
- Then pour your delicious Acai mixture in the bowl on top of your granola.
- Decorate the top with coconut flakes, raw cacao nibs, fresh blueberries and even add some nuts if you want.
Viola! Your very own delicious home made Acai Bowl. Enjoy.